Sunday, July 27, 2008

First impressions of B.A. and first pics online!

hey there!

Yesterday my roomates took me to my first Tango lesson to the city center! It was a lot of fun even though I had to find out that Tango is very difficult. This class for beginners is every Saturday and costs only about 3,50 Euro. So maybe I'll continue dancing Tango and when I'm back I'm gonna be a Tango star ;-)
Today I took the chance to walk all the way through my quarter, the so-called "San Telmo" until I came to the government building "la casa Rosada" at the "Plaza de Mayo". Then I turned to the "Avenida Florida", a kind of a very long shopping street. After that I went to the widest street in the world with 21 lanes, the "Avenida 9 de Julio". But honestly it looks bigger on the pictures than it really is. Unfortunately it was a pretty cold day today and the weather wasn't that nice at all but still there were a lot of people in the streets. Especially here in San Telmo the market opens on Sundays and tons of tourists come to this part of Buenos Aires to buy things. To give you some kind of an impression how it looks like here, I uploaded some pics, you can see them here. A girl from Germany who's still looking for a shared apartment so far contacted me by mail through the International Office of the UBA (Universidad de Buenos Aires). She's also here with a German friend and they're studying about the same at the UBA. They arrived at the same time in Buenos Aires and are as much without orientation just as me. I'm gonna meet them next week. So far I get along with the "Subte" (the subway) but next week I will also try to get along with the "colectivos" (buses) here. They have thousand of buses here and they're said to be a better way to get through the city than by Subte because they reach more areas. But I'm not worried, I've still got enough time to discover the city!
That's for now! I hope you're all doing good,
A luego!

2 comments:

Simone said...

Hola Dani:

Tus fotos me gustan mucho - sobre todo la foto con el letrero de CHILE ;)
Viste a las madres de la plaza de Mayo? Siempre me preguntaba si están siempre allá???
Hace frío en tu dormitorio?? Me he dado cuenta de la calefacción que tienes por eso estoy preguntando ;)

Bueno, espero que estés bien. Cuidate
Simone

ladysahne said...

hola simone!
no he visto a las madres de la Plaza de Mayo, solamente están acá en los jueves o en otro día (tengo que buscar la información en mi guía). Cuando yo estuve alli, nadie de los abuelas estaban alli. En este momento hace muy frío, pero tengo una calefacción electronica (una máquina muy pequenia) y es bastante bien para mi. Bueno, me voy a desayunar como quiera ir al otro barrio hoy que se llama "Palermo".
A luego!