Wednesday, August 20, 2008

news from Buenos Aires part 1 - social life/acitivities


Hola chicos! News from Buenos Aires!

I'm sorry, I was supposed to write a little earlier but some things are going on here, I've been pretty busy lately...
First of all I have to tell you that I like the city from day to day a little more. I get kind of used to the chaos, I met more people and I find my way through the city without getting lost :-). Now I will let you know what happened the last week: Last sunday (a week ago) I picked up Steffi (a girl I know from the college in Augsburg, she will stay in Buenos Aires for 13 months) from the airport. She will stay here until she finds a nice place to stay for herself. Since then we have been doing a lot together (last weekend we've been to Puero Madero - the harbour - for example, you can see pics here) which is very nice because we both are new in the city and the city is full of things to discover! But unfortunately lately we haven't really had the time to enjoy the city because we're both looking for a new room (following soon on a separated blog entry). Anyway - we do our best :-) Within the last few days I also got in touch with a bunch of people, thanks to a language "tandem", I met some nice argentinian people but of course I also met people mostly from Germany (man, you don't believe it but Germans are just everywhere in the world...), most of them study at the UBA too and we met a few times so far to see some places together. Last Sunday for example we took the bus to "Feria de Mataderos" (see also pics here), it's in a suburb of Buenos Aires and it's a very traditional place with a lot of great food, traditional rope to buy and other stuff. It was a really nice trip!
I also got the chance to get to know to Argentinan night life!

2 comments:

Simone said...

Hola Dani,

me gustan mucho tus fotos aunque todos aparecen tan abrigados.. hace mucho frío allá en Argentina?
Oye, tu "roommate" comió empanadas.. tú también? En Chile a mi me encantaron las empanadas con queso. Cómo te va con la búsqueda de una habitacion nueva? Ya conseguiste algo? No sabía que la Steffi se quedará por un año en Argentina.. bastante largo..mandale saludos de mi parte, por fa.
Te fuiste hace casi un mes, verdad? Que rápido pasa el tiempo. El próximo viernes (exactamente una semana más) me voy a Bonn. Ya estoy un poco nerviosa porque no conozco a nadie. Vamos a ver como resultará todo. Te deseo lo mejor para tu búsqueda. Cuidate y hasta luego.

Julie said...

I heard about the Feria de Mataderos and I wanted to go. I´m currently in Argentina and I have gone to all of the events, exhibitions and "ferias" that there are. BUt I never get enough. I also study at UBA, in fact I have an apartment in buenos aires very near it so it is great, I always invite my classmates over for dinner.
Anyways, I feel identified with the things you are telling. It´s great!
Jules